Southeast Idaho Area Health Education Center (AHEC) Director, Institute of Rural Health (1984)
Posting Number: req591
12 Month Part-Time
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
The Director of the Southeast Idaho Area Health Education Center is responsible for day-to-day operations and leadership of the Southeast Area Health Education Center (SEID-AHEC). This position is responsible for the full spectrum of SEID-AHEC leadership, finances, planning, reporting, and programming to ensure that the SEID-AHEC meets all grant deliverables. This is a 12-month, .75 FTE position.
• Oversee day to day operations of SEID-AHEC programs.
• Engage a variety of disciplines in health delivery for SEID-AHEC activities.
• Direct, implement, coordinate and supervise operations for SEID-AHEC.
• Organize all meetings, including agendas, action items, minutes, etc.
• Oversee all aspects of Center operations on behalf of Institute of Rural Health Director.
• Analyze, investigate and resolve situations.
• Inform Institute of Rural Health Director of the situation and resolution or provide a solution.
• Direct tasks and projects to others to meet deadlines and monitor outcomes to ensure deadlines are met.
• Coordinate and supervise the maintenance of SEID-AHEC webpages.
• Represent SEID-AHEC with the University and external entities to maintain relationships that facilitate fieldwork operations.
• Oversee the identification of internships and other appropriate professional development opportunities for SEID-AHEC students.
• Compose and maintain SEID-AHEC planning documents including annual strategic plan, communications plans, and policies and procedures.
• Direct, coordinate, and supervise all SEID-AHEC pipeline activities, including delivering presentations on healthcare careers to high school students and participating in student recruitment events both on and off campus.
- Identify, coordinate, and/or publicize all SEID-AHEC continuing education offerings.
• Serve on the Northwest Rural Health Conference planning committee by attending monthly conference calls, scoring abstracts, and moderating panels at the conference.
• Build partnerships with academic health professions programs at ISU and healthcare organizations throughout eastern Idaho to develop interprofessional and community-based classes and field experiences.
• Participate in evaluation activities as needed.
• Attend the annual National AHEC Conference.
• Oversee collection of data for reporting.
• Initiate and develop reports.
• Initiate and disseminate information on behalf of Institute of Rural Health Director from faculty or other areas, departments, or people.
• Bachelor’s degree (any field)
• At least four years’ full time or equivalent part-time work experience that can include work, internship, or volunteering experience in all of the following: 1.) Higher education, 2.) A health-related program or programs, and 3.) Providing administrative support to an executive (such as a Director or other higher level position). Experience can come from one position that included job duties in all three areas listed above or from a combination of positions held, as long as you have experience in all of the areas listed above.
• Superior skills in written and verbal communications, interpersonal interactions, use of computers.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience engaging in outreach activities and/or development of organizational relationships.
• Master’s degree
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Submit cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications; resume/CV of experience, education, and qualifications; and names and contact information of three (3) professional references.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by February 23, 2018. However, the position will remain open until filled. The approved salary range is $35,000 - $37,500 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.